The ideal all-process welding machine must be multipurpose, that is, give you options of MIG, TIG and STICK welding as well as plasma cutting, and other required welding functions. This is a key factor to consider otherwise it will be a tig, mig or stick welder. However, be realistic in your expectations as a multi-process welding machine may perform some functions better than the other but still perform all purposes at an acceptable level.
You are not looking to break the bank to purchase a welding machine otherwise you will get at least three welding machines. To be an option of choice, an all-purpose machine, therefore, has to be budget friendly.
Energy source and supply
Before purchasing an all-purpose welding machine, keep in mind the energy source available to you. Pay attention to the voltage and ampere, and the amount of energy such a machine can produce as this is a direct purpose for such a purchase and has an equally direct impact on the quality of your weld.
This may seem cliche but buying a popular brand affords you the luxury of getting your equipment serviced and fixed quicker and cheaper by a local technician.
Below we will look at some of the best 10 all-purpose welding machines on the market.
The Miller Electric Multimatic 200 wire feed welder is renowned for its portability and has a smooth running MIG arc. It’s a MIG, Stick, DC TIG tool with an input voltage of 120/ 230V and a duty cycle of MIG-20% or STICK/TIG 30%. The electric wire feed is single phased and has a rated output of MIG 150A at 21.5V at 20%, STICK 150A at 26V at 30%TIG 150A at 16V at 30%, OCV: 90V, Hz: 50/60. It also includes 10 feet Bernard Q150 MIG gun, 13 feet Stick stinger, 10 feet work cable with clamp, Smith regulator/ flow gauge with 12 feet gas hose, and material thickness gauge. It’s well suited for mechanical, farm and ranch works.
- Auto-SetTM Elite simplifies fine-tune settings for multiple material and all processes
- Excellent arc characteristics even on C02
- It features Miller Multi-Voltage Plug MVP
you need a versatile welder capable of performing stick, MIG, and DC TIG welding on outdoor fabrications, then you should opt for Forney 324 190-amp multi process welder. A great improvement from those before it, the Forney 324 uses an input power of 120/230 V and weights 43 lbs. it is designed for welding services such as flux core welding and can change easily to mild core welding. Similarly, it works with gas set up and can comfortably weld steel of 3/8” and 4” spools. Cast aluminum drive system ensures the durability of the machine and value for money. On the down side, the TIG setup is sold separately.
- Digital readout feature which displays the value of output current and arc voltage for precise management of data and functions.
- Perhaps one of its most important features, the smart feature, which minimizes spatter and optimizes arc.
The Lotos CT520D offers a 3 in 1 welding combo of plasma, TIG, and Stick. Coming at below 40 lbs and dual voltage of 220V/110V, the CT520D cuts through steel, aluminum and copper effectively. The hose is a bit stiff, cables are 6 feet long and power cable only 4 feet long so you may need an extension cord to help mobility around the house or workshop.
For its size and price, this machine can do a lot and gives you a lot of possibility and versatility for your home projects.
- The plasma cutter is the strongest of the 3 features
- The 50amp plasma cutter cuts through steel, copper and aluminum, the 200-amp TIG welder is DC- only while the Stick welder has a 200-amp DC option for consistency and relative ease.
- Package includes a 30day 100% satisfaction or money back guarantee, 1year limited warranty; cutting torch; Tig touch; consumables; stick/MMA welder torch, ground clamp; air filter and regulator; argon regulator and connections.
Our Rating: 4.2/5
One of the most revolutionary welding technology available, the Rebel EMP 215ic is a complete MIG/TIG/Stick package which welds steel, MIG aluminum, and stainless steel. A one phased, 120: 208/230 V equipment, the EMP 215ic is ideal for agricultural, automotive, civil construction and light fabrication works.
- Perhaps the most iconic feature is the sMIG (smart MIG) which enables learning and adaptation to user’s welding technique to ensure a stable arc and superior, repeatable welds which subsequently increases productivity for experienced users and lowers learning time for beginners.
- Has a larger display screen with higher pixel density for a clearer view of the TFT screen, loaded with exclusive features; user manual available on demand; spare parts listing and all in multiple languages.
- Industrial design five-handle roll cage and unibody steel construction lightweight, exceptionally convenient unit with a 3-year handle to handle warranty.
The Klutch MIG/Stick 220Si 230V Multi-Process Welder comes with mind-blowing capabilities. With its inverter based system, it offers great output from a smaller transformer. It is lightweight, easy to move around and versatile. It is built with great welding processes such as MIG, Flux Core, DC Stick and DC TIG welding capabilities. One klutch machine is capable of handling all your welding needs as it works with aluminum, steel, and stainless steel
¬ Dual purpose overload protection keeps equipment safe from power fluctuations
¬ TIG torch sold separately
¬ Produces constant output despite fluctuating input power
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Lincoln Electric is a leading brand in the welding machine industry and we are not disappointed by the POWER MIG 210 k4195-1. It is a MIG, Flux-Cored, DC Stick and DC TIG ideal for steel and stainless steel. Similarly, it’s easy to use features makes it ideal for non-professionals and DIY. The POWER MIG 210 is lightweight and portable coming at just 40 lbs. and it is versatile and compatible with small and medium welding jobs. It has a serious appearance as wiring are professionally laid.
- Has automatic dual voltage inputs (120v and 230v) to allow for flexibility in power supply
- Color display allows for easy setup
- Massive heat sinks and twin fans
- Dc tug function works well for aluminum
- Magnum PRO 100SG Spool Gun (K3269-1) included
The primeweld is a ground breaking multi-process welding machine which combines a 50A plasma cutter with 200A TIG, 200A and 200A Stick welder. It is lightweight and portable weighing just 32 lbs and cuts a variety of metals up to ½” with its 50A plasma cutter. Amazingly, it has a 3year warranty period despite its high-level functions.
- Quick and easy to switch between DC TIG and DC Stick welder processes and setup
- 60% duty cycle at max amps on all processes
The ionMig multi process PFC MIG welder includes MIG, MMA and Raise or Lift TIG, spool gun enabled. The ionmig has a friendly interface for easy operation and adjustment in step with other wires. The ionMig has a 110/ 220 V and an energy saving duty circle of 40°C; MIG at 110V 30% at 140 A; MMA at 110V 30% at 110 A; TIGat110V 40% at 150 A; MIG at 220V 30% at 200 A; MMA at 220V 25% at 200 A; and TIG at 220V 35% at 200 A. the ionMag has a digital display for current and voltage for better management of the equipment, and is generator friendly.
- Inbuilt protection circuit over temperature, voltage and current to enhance longevity
- Global voltage PFC technology 90 – 270 volts and global input voltage power factor more than 0.99.
The NEW 2018 Everlast Power MTS 221Sti is the true definition of a multi-process welding machine. It is a MIG, AC, DC TIG, Stick and spool gun welder with a 40% duty circle at 200A MIG/TIG, 200AStick and dual voltage capacity of 110/ 220V. An easy user-friendly panel, high frequency and lift start AC and DC modes, digitally controlled operations in all modes to increase efficiency.
- Adjustable MIG/Stick Arc Force and New Hot Start control for the desired weld performance, adjustable pre and post flow to improve TIG and MIG weld
- First of its kind AC capability on TIG for welding aluminum
- Has an impressive 5-year warranty
- Synergic function MIG adjusts wire speed with rising or fall in voltage
- Manual override of synergic MIG function gives control to a user over voltage settings.
- Adjustable Burn-back control to maintain wires.
- 8” diameter wire spool capacity for portability while maintaining productivity.
- Rating 4.4/5